Easy Sour Cream Raisin Pie Recipe
For my family, this pie is as essential for Thanksgiving dinner as turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes! I've been told this recipe's been in the family since the 1860's.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. In a small bowl, beat eggs on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the sour cream, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and salt and mix well. Stir in raisins. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- 3. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and remove foil. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 447 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Easy Sour Cream Raisin Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC