Easy Sour Cream Raisin Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. In a small bowl, beat eggs on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the sour cream, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and salt and mix well. Stir in raisins. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- 3. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and remove foil. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 447 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Easy Sour Cream Raisin Pie
"This was my first sour cream pie. Turned out excellent. Next time I may skip the top layer crust and sub a brown sugar crumble. The pie provided a nice base layer for vanilla ice cream. All agreed it was a nice alternative to traditional pie and whip cream is a MUST!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.