Easy Sour Cream Raisin Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. In a small bowl, beat eggs on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the sour cream, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and salt and mix well. Stir in raisins. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- 3. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and remove foil. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 447 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Easy Sour Cream Raisin Pie
"This was my first sour cream pie. Turned out excellent. Next time I may skip the top layer crust and sub a brown sugar crumble. The pie provided a nice base layer for vanilla ice cream. All agreed it was a nice alternative to traditional pie and whip cream is a MUST!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.