Easy Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
This coffee cake is a favorite for breakfast or brunch. I've also taken it to potlucks and served it as dessert. Tender slices feature an appealing crunchy filling.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon each almond, lemon and vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 2. Spread half of the batter in a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Make a well in the center of the batter. Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle into well. Carefully cover with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 349 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Sour Cream Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC