Easy Sour Cream Biscuits
"These light fluffy biscuits are some of the best you'll ever eat," assures LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma. She serves them with a sweet citrus butter that's also great on pancakes.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- ORANGE HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Place the biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the sour cream and
- lemon-lime soda; stir into biscuit mix just until combined.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Roll to 1/2-in.
- thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on greased
- baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, honey and orange peel until fluffy.
- Serve with biscuits. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 203 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.