"These light fluffy biscuits are some of the best you'll ever eat," assures LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma. She serves them with a sweet citrus butter that's also great on pancakes.
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- ORANGE HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Place the biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the sour cream and lemon-lime soda; stir into biscuit mix just until combined.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, honey and orange peel until fluffy. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sour Cream Biscuits in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p49
Reviews for Easy Sour Cream Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review