- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon softened butter or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Coarse sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, salt, water and butter; beat until smooth (mixture will be slightly sticky). Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons water if dough is dry. Cover and let rest in a warm place 30 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly greased surface; divide into six pieces. Roll each piece into a 24-in. rope. For topping, combine water, sugar and baking soda in a shallow bowl. Shape each rope into a pretzel and dip into the baking solution. Sprinkle pretzels with coarse salt or coarse sugar.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Dip in cinnamon-sugar, if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Soft Pretzels in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p36
Reviews for Easy Soft Pretzel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011