Easy Slow Cooker Chili
This hearty chili can cook for up to 10 hours on low. It's so good to come home after a long day away.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt added tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add
- the next nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or
- on high for 4 hours. Garnish individual servings with cheese. Yield:
- 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 229 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 vegetable.