This hearty chili can cook for up to 10 hours on low. It's so good to come home after a long day away.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt added tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the next nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. Garnish individual servings with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Chili in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p72
Reviews for Easy Slow Cooker Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review