Easy Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak
Sarah Burks of Wathena, Kansas lets her slow cooker simmer up this fuss-free and flavorful Swiss steak. Perfect for busy spring days…the longer it cooks, the better it tastes!
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound beef top round steak, cut in half
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper. Add beef; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Layer
- with the beef, celery and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for
- 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 272 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 882 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.