- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound beef top round steak
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Cut beef into two portions; add to bag and shake to coat.
- Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Layer with the beef, celery and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak
Sort By :
"Just ok. It needed something more though. Was kind of bland."
"This is one of the easiest recipes to prepare and have waiting when I get home from work. Family loves it. The only thing I did different was doubled the recipe. I have made it several times and never been disapointed, I have also passed it on at work. Most definately a keeper."
"This smelled so good I could hardly stand it till it was time to eat! Will make this again and again!"