Sarah Burks of Wathena, Kansas lets her slow cooker simmer up this fuss-free and flavorful Swiss steak. Perfect for busy spring days…the longer it cooks, the better it tastes!
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound beef top round steak
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Cut beef into two portions; add to bag and shake to coat.
- Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Layer with the beef, celery and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p12
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review