Easy Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram or 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, brown sugar and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until bubbly. Discard bay leaf. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 89 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.