Easy Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram or 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, brown sugar and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until bubbly. Discard bay leaf. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce
Sort By :
Not enough liquid to support that much tomato paste- the sauce set up like paste. The flavors were fine, but I did have to thin the sauce with with quite a bit more broth.
I have been using this receipe since it appeared in Taste of Home in 2003. I'm always asked for the receipe as everyone loves it.
If you want to see the rest of the recipes I've created or have collected (38,000+), my website is www.shieldsgenealogy.com.
I have used this recipe many times when we have company!!! A BIG HIT!!! Any leftover sauce also freezes well! I add a pound of ground mild italian sausage as well...LOVE IT! Inese
Oh, yeah this is awesome! a nicely balanced sauce thick and tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef >