- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram or 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, brown sugar and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until bubbly. Discard bay leaf. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce
Sort By :
"Our family loved this! Because I know my grandson likes pork sausage, I used that instead of beef or turkey. I made sure to leave it in the slow cooker only 6 hours on low, as some reviewers said it turned out too thick."
"Way too thick. Not awful, but not a hit in my house."
"Not enough liquid to support that much tomato paste- the sauce set up like paste. The flavors were fine, but I did have to thin the sauce with with quite a bit more broth."
"I have been using this receipe since it appeared in Taste of Home in 2003. I'm always asked for the receipe as everyone loves it."
" If you want to see the rest of the recipes I've created or have collected (38,000+), my website is www.shieldsgenealogy.com."