Easy Sloppy Joes
Five ingredients are all you need for Marge Napalo's hearty sandwiches. "they're great for family gatherings," says the reader from Brunswick, Ohio. Onion soup mix and sweet pickle relish add tangy flavor without much effort.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 14 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the ketchup, relish and soup mix; heat through. Serve
- immediately on buns, or cool mixture before placing in a freezer
- container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen sloppy joes: Thaw beef mixture in the refrigerator;
- place in a saucepan and heat through. Serve on buns.
- Yield: 14 servings.