I like this recipe because you make it all in one skillet and don't have to hassle with cooking lasagna noodles separately. It's cheesy and delicious.—Linda Troop, Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce with meat
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with half of the spaghetti sauce mix. Spoon cottage cheese over meat. Top with noodles. Sprinkle with parsley, salt, basil, Italian seasoning and remaining spaghetti sauce mix. Pour tomatoes, spaghetti sauce mix. Pour tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and water over the top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Lasagna in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p251
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Skillet Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review