- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce with meat
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with half of the spaghetti sauce mix. Spoon cottage cheese over meat. Top with noodles. Sprinkle with parsley, salt, basil, Italian seasoning and remaining spaghetti sauce mix. Pour tomatoes, spaghetti sauce mix. Pour tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and water over the top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Skillet Lasagna
Sort By :
"This recipe was very good. I liked it especially because I didn't have time to make my regular lasagna and this recipe was very similar. I used oven-ready lasagna noodles, prego sauce and ground turkey."
"I love the taste and one-pot convenience of this meal! Since I used plain diced tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes, I slightly increased the basil and Italian seas. I also used plain spaghetti sauce with no meat. The 2 lbs of gd beef in here is plenty! I loved the Italian flavor, and how the cottage cheese added a nice creaminess to the meat. Yum! (by the way, my hardcover book says this was contributed by Merry Roop in Washington, KS - this online posting shows someone else's name - ? well, thanks to whoever sent this in!) -Lori in WI."