—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1-1/2 cups Ocean Spray® 100% Juice Cranberry Juice Blend
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 maple-flavored bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 24 dried apricots
- In a saucepan, bring cranberry juice to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until juice reduces to 1 cup. Combine cornstarch and water; whisk into juice along with mustard, brown sugar and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, line a shallow baking pan with foil. Set a wire rack over foil and coat rack with cooking spray. Wrap bacon halves around apricots and secure each with a toothpick. Reserve 1/2 cup glaze. Brush apricots with remaining glaze and place on rack.
- Broil 5-6 in. from heat for 3-7 minutes or until browned, turning once. Serve warm with reserved glaze. Yield: 24 appetizers.
Originally published as Sizzling Bacon-Wrapped Apricots with Cranberry Glaze in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p31
Reviews for Easy Sizzling Bacon-Wrapped Apricots with Cranberry Glaze Recipe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review