—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1-1/2 cups Ocean Spray® 100% Juice Cranberry Juice Blend
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 maple-flavored bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 24 dried apricots
- In a saucepan, bring cranberry juice to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until juice reduces to 1 cup. Combine cornstarch and water; whisk into juice along with mustard, brown sugar and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, line a shallow baking pan with foil. Set a wire rack over foil and coat rack with cooking spray. Wrap bacon halves around apricots and secure each with a toothpick. Reserve 1/2 cup glaze. Brush apricots with remaining glaze and place on rack.
- Broil 5-6 in. from heat for 3-7 minutes or until browned, turning once. Serve warm with reserved glaze. Yield: 24 appetizers.
Originally published as Sizzling Bacon-Wrapped Apricots with Cranberry Glaze in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p31
Reviews for Easy Sizzling Bacon-Wrapped Apricots with Cranberry Glaze Recipe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2009
"Really tasty, does not taste like apricots, easy quick, and real delicious"