VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, mustard and lemon juice; set aside 3/4 cup. Pour 3/4 cup dressing mixture in a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing mixture.
- Brush both sides of bread with 1/4 cup of the reserved dressing mixture. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill bread, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Wrap in foil and set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Place romaine and tomato on a serving platter. Slice steak diagonally; arrange over salad. Serve with toasted bread and remaining dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sirloin Caesar Salad in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p225