Easy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes. Add red pepper and onions; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the shrimp, Oriental vegetables and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and stir into shrimp mixture. Add the peanuts. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 273 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Easy Shrimp Stir Fry
"Definitely easy to prepare! Added about 2 Tbsp of brown sugar and some salt. Since I didn't have broccoli or red peppers, I doubled up on the frozen stir-fry veggies. My teenage son actually ate it! Served over brown rice. Very tasty!"
"Not much flavor. Needs more of something ... Maybe red pepper flakes, more salt, soy sauce. Thought it was pretty bland."
"This recipe was very good. I served it over rice. Very filling and satisfying. My husband loved it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.