“I love shrimp and I’m always looking for new ways to fix it,” explains Josie Smith from Winamac, Indiana. This attractive shrimp combination features crunchy peanuts and vegetables with a pleasant hint of ginger.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes. Add red pepper and onions; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the shrimp, Oriental vegetables and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and stir into shrimp mixture. Add the peanuts. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Shrimp Stir Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review