- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes. Add red pepper and onions; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the shrimp, Oriental vegetables and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and stir into shrimp mixture. Add the peanuts. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Easy Shrimp Stir Fry
Sort By :
Not much flavor. Needs more of something ... Maybe red pepper flakes, more salt, soy sauce. Thought it was pretty bland.
This recipe was very good. I served it over rice. Very filling and satisfying. My husband loved it.