Easy Shrimp Jambalaya
Spice up this shrimp and rice dish to your taste by increasing the amount of Creole seasoning and cayenne pepper. Add a few drops of hot pepper sauce, too. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in
- butter until tender. Add the broth, rice, Creole seasoning,
- Worcestershire sauce and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes
- or until rice is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, shrimp and peas; heat
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 397 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 1,141 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein.