Easy Shrimp Creole Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in oil for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the soup, tomato juice, water, salsa, lemon juice, parsley, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Add the shrimp; cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 222 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Easy Shrimp Creole
"very good add a tsp crushed red pepper"
"Very, very good. Especially like that it's quick and flavorful."
"I loved this recipe. I may add more shrimp the next time i make it since there is so much sauce."
"This is my fiance's favorite recipe. We make it at least once a month!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.