I found this super-quick shrimp recipe in a magazine years ago and have changed it to suit my taste. To speed things along, I cook the rice in the microwave, using chicken broth instead of water. I’ve only had compliments whenever I’ve served it. –Jean Gauthier, Rives Junction, Michigan
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in oil for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the soup, tomato juice, water, salsa, lemon juice, parsley, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Add the shrimp; cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Easy Shrimp Creole in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Shrimp Creole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review