- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash seafood seasoning, optional
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, onions, water, salt and seafood seasoning if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the milk, evaporated milk and cheese; heat until cheese is melted. Add the shrimp, butter and parsley; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Shrimp Chowder
"The recipe was a little thin and it needed more flavor. I would add more garlic the next time I make it. With a few tweaks it's a great recipe"
"Very good soup, except I did change a few things. I added celery with the potatoes and onions, did not use the seafood seasoning. Instead of velveeta, I used 4 ounces of lite cream cheese. I also added some dillweed, red pepper flakes and black pepper for spice. I also added a fresh chopped tomato and about a cup of fresh sliced spinach. I also used a little corn starch and water to thicken it up, a little too loose for a chowder."