Easy Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Lorraine's chunky beef mix add heartiness to this quick comforting supper. To give this flavorful shepherd's pie a pretty look, pipe on the mashed potatoes using a large star tip.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 3 cups warm mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter), divided
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 2 cups Tomato Ground Beef Mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and soup mix. Spread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mix and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC