Easy Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 3 cups warm mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter), divided
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 2 cups Tomato Ground Beef Mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and soup mix. Spread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mix and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Shepherd's Pie
"Very good, added a little more spice. Used one top layer of potatoes."
"was a bust n my house. it had no flavor."
"I love it! Thank you... ??"
"When I was growing up my mom would make this with leftovers. She would make extra potatoes, vegetables during the week & double her usual meat loaf recipe. She would layer all the leftovers with some of her homemade beef gravy & it was the best! Adding the mushrooms & parm cheese sounds good, must give it a try."
"Tomato Ground Beef Mix is a base recipe, you can find it here:http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Tomato-Ground-Beef-Mix"
"Shepherd's Pie has always been a favorite of mine....the first one I made had about 100 spices in it! This one does look much easier - adding it to my recipe box. Thanks for sharing."
"What is Tomato ground beef mix? How much beef? Is that mixed with chopped tomatoes?"