Lorraine's chunky beef mix add heartiness to this quick comforting supper. To give this flavorful shepherd's pie a pretty look, pipe on the mashed potatoes using a large star tip.
- 3 cups warm mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter), divided
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 2 cups Tomato Ground Beef Mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and soup mix. Spread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mix and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Shepherd's Pie in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p36
Reviews for Easy Shepherd's Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review