Easy Sesame Green Beans Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute beans and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in soy sauce and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 98 calories, 6g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Easy Sesame Green Beans
"Easy to make with a nice flavor."
"These were great! I have made them a couple times now. I love this recipe!"