- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika, mustard and pepper. Stir in milk until smooth. Add mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in corn and egg substitute.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and center is almost set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Corn in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p11
Reviews for Easy Scalloped Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
"Love this recipe. Who would think it's lower in fat/calories. Make this a lot in cooler weather. Great comfort food."