- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika, mustard and pepper. Stir in milk until smooth. Add mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in corn and egg substitute.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and center is almost set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Corn in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p11
Reviews for Easy Scalloped Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review