Easy Sauteed Spinach
Here’s a light, lively side to complement almost any entree you put on the table. A little test kitchen know-how helps to dress up everyday spinach with garlic, onion, a lick of sherry and a sprinkling of pine nuts. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion
- until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach,
- sherry, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until
- spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 47 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.