Easy Sauteed Spinach for Two Recipe
Here’s a light, lively side to complement almost any entree you put on the table. A little test kitchen know-how helps to dress up everyday spinach with garlic, onion, a lick of sherry and a sprinkling of pine nuts. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, sherry, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 48 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC