Easy Sausage Stroganoff
This recipe calls for sausage instead of beef, making it an enticing economical meal. My family loves this dish served with salad and oven-fresh rolls.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms; cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup broth, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; cover and simmer
- for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining broth and flour; stir until
- smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; boil and stir
- for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add sour cream. Stir until heated
- through (do not boil). Add parsley if desired. Serve with noodles.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 415 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium,