- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms; cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup broth, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining broth and flour; stir until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add sour cream. Stir until heated through (do not boil). Add parsley if desired. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Stroganoff in Country Pork 1996, p46
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Easy Sausage Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2011
"i've had beef kind but this was way better"
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2009
"So easy but very delicious!"