Easy Sausage Skillet Supper
After working all day, my husband referees high school basketball and football games. I work part-time, volunteer in our town and am an all-season sports mom with four children. If there ever was a need for quick cooking, it's in our house. The men in my family say this fast dish is very satisfying.Cathy Williams, Aurora, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound smoked sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, combine the sausage, rice, soup, water and
- butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5
- minutes. Stir in peas and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 653 calories, 45 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,978 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.