After working all day, my husband referees high school basketball and football games. I work part-time, volunteer in our town and am an all-season sports mom with four children. If there ever was a need for quick cooking, it's in our house. The men in my family say this fast dish is very satisfying.—Cathy Williams, Aurora, Minnesota
- 1 pound smoked sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, combine the sausage, rice, soup, water and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in peas and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Skillet Supper in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p136
Reviews for Easy Sausage Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review