Easy Sausage Skillet Supper Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, combine the sausage, rice, soup, water and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in peas and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Sausage Skillet Supper
Sort By :
This is good and simple. Nothing fancy. My daughter is picky I was hoping she would like this since she helped me cook it but she only wanted the rice. I on the other hand really enjoyed it. It's very filing I used half a can of cream of mushroom in addition to the cream of celery. Omitted it extra mushrooms and frozen peas. I opted instead for a cup of frozen stir fry veggies, since that's what I had on hand. Just added a little salt and pepper. Good stuff I'd make it again.
I first made this recipe years ago when I saw it in the magazine. It's so tasty it's hard to eat more than one should. Great way to use that extra link of smoked sausage or jazz up rice.