Easy Sausage Corn Chowder
This hearty soup is a meal in itself when served with a salad and bread. For a spicier flavor, I sometimes substitute Mexicorn for the whole kernel corn.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) pork or turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Crumble sausage into a large saucepan; brown over medium heat.
- Drain. Add the soup, milk, corn, green onions and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook until corn is tender. Reduce heat to low; add cheese and heat
- until melted. Yield: 6-8 serving (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 217 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.