This hearty soup is a meal in itself when served with a salad and bread. For a spicier flavor, I sometimes substitute Mexicorn for the whole kernel corn.
Recommended: 25 Soups to Keep You Warm This Fall
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll or turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Crumble sausage into a large saucepan; brown over medium heat. Drain. Add the soup, milk, corn, green onions and hot pepper sauce. Cook until corn is tender. Reduce heat to low; add cheese and heat until melted. Yield: 6-8 serving (2 quarts).
Originally published as Sausage Corn Chowder in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p33
Reviews for Easy Sausage Corn Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review