Easy Sausage Chowder
"This super soup, flavored with fresh basil, makes a hearty summer lunch," says Suzanne Ververka of White Cloud, Michigan.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the sausage
- and onion. Slowly add the potatoes, water, parsley, basil, salt and
- pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20
- minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add remaining ingredients;
- cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings
- (about 3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 254 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 855 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.