- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the sausage and onion. Slowly add the potatoes, water, parsley, basil, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add remaining ingredients; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Easy Sausage Chowder
"This tastes soooooo good and it is so simple to make, a wonderful soup. I have used whatever smoked sausage I have on hand."
"I substituted 2- 1# pkgs of frozen corn. Thawed them first , drained them then added them to the pot. It is goooood. I also added a couple shakes of garlic powder, a stock of celery and a large diced carrot."
"A tasty change of pace from our usual corn chowder. Will be making this again!"
"This is delicious and hearty. I added a bit of minced garlic to the broth for a bit more zip. I served it with a fresh loaf of crusty bread. will make this again."
"Simple and delicious. You can't get better than that. Even my picky 7 year old scraped her bowl."