"This super soup, flavored with fresh basil, makes a hearty summer lunch," says Suzanne Ververka of White Cloud, Michigan.
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the sausage and onion. Slowly add the potatoes, water, parsley, basil, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add remaining ingredients; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Easy Sausage Chowder in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p53
Reviews for Easy Sausage Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review