Easy Sausage and Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup cubed yellow summer squash (3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat in oil until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 2. Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Add the sausage, squash and onions to the skillet; cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 304 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Easy Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
"I thought this was ok. I got almost done with cooking it and realized it needed to be on a bed of rice or something so I did the rice last minute. Not bad though."
"Made it twice now, everyone loves it! quick, Easy and Tasty!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.