Easy Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
THIS IS an old recipe that has been passed down in our family through my sister-in-law. When I was a child, she did most of the cooking in our house, and this was my favorite meal. The variety of vegetables makes this an attractive dish, and the cooking time is minimal. —Ruby Williams
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup cubed yellow summer squash (3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat in oil until a
- thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Add the sausage, squash and onions to the
- skillet; cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire
- sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 304 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as