Easy Sausage and Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup cubed yellow summer squash (3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat in oil until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 2. Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Add the sausage, squash and onions to the skillet; cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 304 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.