THIS IS an old recipe that has been passed down in our family through my sister-in-law. When I was a child, she did most of the cooking in our house, and this was my favorite meal. The variety of vegetables makes this an attractive dish, and the cooking time is minimal. —Ruby Williams Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup cubed yellow summer squash (3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat in oil until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Add the sausage, squash and onions to the skillet; cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Vegetable Skillet in Reminisce Extra August 1995, p47
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review