Easy Sausage & Ravioli for Two
This saucy combo of frozen ravioli and Italian sausage is guaranteed to please. “It’s great served with garlic bread and a salad.”
—Misty Williams, Grain Valley, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 3 cups frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place sausage in a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until no
- longer pink. Drain. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions. In a small
- saucepan, heat the spaghetti sauce, cheese, garlic powder and pepper
- until cheese is melted. Drain ravioli; stir in sauce and sausage.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 770 calories, 35 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 1,991 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.