Easy Santa Fe Chicken Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add broth and salsa; bring to a boil. stir in rice and garlic powder. Place chicken over rice; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Turn chicken; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 339 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.