Easy Santa Fe Chicken Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add broth and salsa; bring to a boil. stir in rice and garlic powder. Place chicken over rice; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Santa Fe Chicken
Sort By :
This is my families favorite dinner.
I have made this many times and everyone in the family likes it. Yummy and good for you! I make with brown rice and have to cook the rice a little before I put in the skillet so it softens up better.
This is a flavourful, easy recipe. I omitted the onions to speed it up a little more. I also used 10 minute rice. I've found that I usually have to add about a half cup of water halfway through the cooking time, but the chicken comes out really nice and juicy. Thanks for the amazing recipe!
Had this recipe several times. Makes a great meal for pot luck's at the office. Never had to bring home any leftovers.
This was just okay. I liked how fast this was put together and probably would have enjoyed the taste but some of the rice was hard still after 25 minutes. If I were to make it again, I might add more broth and cook a little longer so the rice cooks up. The chicken was nice and juicy, though.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >