Easy Salmon Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) red salmon, drained, bones and skin removed, flaked or 2 cans (7 ounces each) tuna
- 2 cups small red potatoes, cooked, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs
- 1. In a bowl, combine the salmon or tuna, potatoes, celery, carrot, onion and egg; set aside. For dressing, mix all ingredients except fresh dill in blender. Add half of dressing to salmon and potato mixture; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Serve chilled. Stir in remaining dressing just before serving or serve with salad. Garnish with fresh dill if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 316 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Reviews for Easy Salmon Potato Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.