I've made this dish many times since coming across the recipe about 12 years ago. We enjoy the unique blend of flavors and textures, and appreciate the fact that canned salmon is always "in season"!
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 1 can (16 ounces) red salmon, drained, bones and skin removed, flaked or 2 cans (7 ounces each) tuna
- 2 cups small red potatoes, cooked, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs
- In a bowl, combine the salmon or tuna, potatoes, celery, carrot, onion and egg; set aside. For dressing, mix all ingredients except fresh dill in blender. Add half of dressing to salmon and potato mixture; cover and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled. Stir in remaining dressing just before serving or serve with salad. Garnish with fresh dill if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Potato Salad in Country Extra July 1990, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Salmon Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review