Easy Salmon Packets Recipe
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with mushrooms, tomato, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Fold foil around salmon and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 288 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 539mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Easy Salmon Packets
"Next time we will probably back off on the amount of Parmesan cheese, but other than that this was a very good meal. Everyone loved it, even the picky (non-mushroom-eating) kiddo."
"Loved, loved, loved it! My husband, who usually doesn't make any comments, said it was the best thing he has eaten in a long time and that he wouldn't care if I made this recipe every week. I definitely will make this recipe often. It was easy, healthy, and delicious! I'm sad there's no leftovers for tomorrow."
"This recipe is fabulous! The flavors blended together taste like something you would eat at a fancy restaurant. It was also very quick and simple to make."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.