Easy Salmon Packets
“What a delicious way to get omega-3 fatty acids. We enjoy this over pasta for a heart-healthy midweek meal.” Rochelle Geyer - Hannibal, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12
- in. square). Top with mushrooms, tomato, garlic, basil, salt and
- pepper. Fold foil around salmon and seal tightly. Place on a baking
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Open foil carefully; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 packet equals 288 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 539 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a