Easy Salmon Fettuccine
“This recipe was in our newspaper, but I adapted it to our tastes,” says Dorothy Wray of Sweetwater, Texas. “It’s quick and easy to prepare and has become a stand-by recipe that I serve often.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add the tomato, lemon juice, parsley, lemon peel and salt; cook and
- stir until heated through.
- Drain fettuccine; add to skillet. Stir in salmon and heat through.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 444 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 957 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a