This meat dish can be made in 25 minutes or made ahead and reheated with the gravy in the microwave. I often double the recipe and freeze one batch of cooked steaks and gravy for an even faster meal on an especially busy night.—Carol Callahan, Rome, Georgia
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, saltines, egg white, milk, horseradish, salt if desired, and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture. Shape into four oval patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove patties and keep warm. Add the gravy, mushrooms and water to skillet; cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with patties and noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salisbury Steak in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p11
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Salisbury Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review