Easy Salami Pasta Salad Recipe
Popular any time of the year, this crowd-pleasing pasta salad is perfect for summer picnics. Made the day before, it has a pleasant vinaigrette dressing sparked with herbs. I set aside the Parmesan cheese and add it just before the salad is served. -Marion Lowery, Medford, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating YIELD:8 servings
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 8 ounces hard salami, cubed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Transfer to a large bowl; add salami, parsley and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and seasonings. Drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 349 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 945 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC