Easy Root Beer Float Cake
When I came across this fun and festive recipe, I know I had to give it a try. I hope you try it, too!Gail Toepfer, Iron Ridge, Wisconsin
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups root beer
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup chilled root beer
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Beat on low
- speed for 30 seconds; beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake. Chill. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 217 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.