Easy Root Beer Float Cake Recipe
When I came across this fun and festive recipe, I know I had to give it a try. I hope you try it, too!—Gail Toepfer, Iron Ridge, Wisconsin
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups root beer
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup chilled root beer
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat frosting ingredients until stiff peaks form. Frost cake. Chill. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 217 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC