- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups root beer
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup chilled root beer
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting ingredients until stiff peaks form. Frost cake. Chill. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Easy Root Beer Float Cake
Sort By :
"This was a hit with the Boy Scouts! I made them into cupcakes with root beer jelly beans Sprinkled on top. Not only cute but all the boys loved them. I had root beer extract on hand and added 2 teaspoons to the cake mix as well. As a volunteer Taste of Home field editor I love quick and easy desserts that impress!"
"My son loves root beer floats and I am looking for a different birthday cake that I can add food color to. His birthday is on Halloween so I have been making "Ugly" cakes. This can be fun!!!"
"I WOULD MAKE IT AGAIN Y FAMILY LOVESROOT BEER FLOATS,AND ITS EASY TO MAKE ON SHORT AND BUSY DAYS WE LOVE IT"